1. Under which calendar is New Year's Day Jan ?
2. What calendar determines the date of the Chinese New Yea?
3. Rosh Hashanah is the beginning of the new year for what religion?
4. Kwanzaa is a seven-day holiday that begins Dec. 26 and extends through Jan. 1. What does the word mean in Swahili?
5. In the Middle Ages most European countries used the Julian calendar, so they observed New Year's Day when?
6.The name January is derived from the Roman god Janus. What is he the god of?
7. When to the practioners of Tibetan Buddhism celebrate New Year's?
8. The Roman New Year festival was called the Calends, and people decorated their homes and gave each other gifts. In early times, the ancient Romans gave each other New Year's gifts of branches from sacred trees. Later they gave small items, such as nuts or coins, imprinted with pictures of what God?
9. What New Year's gift did ancient Persians give?
10. In ancient Egypt what event dictated the timing of New Year's celebrations?
Question 1: The correct answer is the Answer 1.
Question 2: The correct answer is Answer 2.
Question 3: The correct answer is Answer 3.
Question 4: The correct answer is Answer 4.
Question 5: The correct answer is Answer 1.
Question 6: The correct answer is Answer 2.
Question 7: The correct answer is Answer 3.
Question 8: The correct answer is Answer 4.
Question 9: The correct answer is Answer 1.
Question 10: The correct answer is Answer 2.
You answered them all right!